Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Combining three arrays of hashes into one?

Combining three arrays of hashes into one?

Keith Lee

All:
Is there a way of copying three arrays of hashes into one array for
future sorting? Thanks!

Keith

Matt Garrish

"Keith Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> All:
> Is there a way of copying three arrays of hashes into one array for
> future sorting? Thanks!

@d = (@a, @b, @c)

Or do you mean something else?

Matt

it_says_BALLS_on_your_forehead

Keith Lee wrote:
> All:
> Is there a way of copying three arrays of hashes into one array for
> future sorting? Thanks!

do you mean 3 arrays of hash references? on what is your sorting based?
to combine 3 arrays into one, just flatten them:

my @all = ( @a1, @a2, @a3 );

robic0

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:45:45 -0800, Keith Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>All:
> Is there a way of copying three arrays of hashes into one array for
> future sorting? Thanks!
>
>Keith

Lookout, I'm asking you post an example to coincode with your what
ever bullshit question/without example you are posting!

cmarvel@nethere.com

Thanks! I mean an array of hashes.
Speaking of sorting, does anyone know of a good quick sort program or
algorithm so I can sort an array of hashes? Each array element has
four keys to sort by. Thanks again!

Keith

A. Sinan Unur

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1140230909.684967.322460
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Thanks! I mean an array of hashes.
> Speaking of sorting,

It looks like you are talking to yourself. Please quote some context when
you post a reply.

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

Rick Scott

((E-Mail Removed) uttered
> Thanks! I mean an array of hashes.
> Speaking of sorting, does anyone know of a good quick sort program or
> algorithm so I can sort an array of hashes? Each array element has
> four keys to sort by. Thanks again!

The command "perldoc -q keyword" searches the Perl FAQ. If you would
have asked it about "sort", it would have given you a perfectly good
answer to your frequently asked question:

perldoc -q sort
# How do I sort an array by (anything)?

Please read the posting guidelines, and look over the Perl FAQ and
documentation to see if they answer your question before posting it
here.

http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
The Perl motto is "There's more than one way to do it."

Tad McClellan

> Thanks!

To whom?

For what?

Please quote some context in followups like everybody else does.

> Speaking of sorting, does anyone know of a good quick sort program or
> algorithm so I can sort an array of hashes?

Sure, anybody who has looked up sorting in the Perl Frequently
Asked Questions knows how to do that.

You should become one of those people.

perldoc -q sort

> Each array element has
> four keys to sort by.

The FAQ answer shows how to sort based on multiple sort keys.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming

robic0

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:37:15 GMT, "Frank J. Russo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:45:45 -0800, Keith Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>All:
>>> Is there a way of copying three arrays of hashes into one array for
>>> future sorting? Thanks!
>>>
>>>Keith

>>Lookout, I'm asking you post an example to coincode with your what
>>ever bullshit question/without example you are posting!

>That was unnecessary. Your choice of words / limited vocabular, would make
>one not even want to pay attention to you no matter what you have to say.
>Words have meaning. Use them properly.

Its hard not to be rude to the Christian God people like you.
You didn't quote, so I did it for you.

This is Usenet, this isin't your local church gathering. If my limited vocabulary
bothers you, perhaps you should filter out my posts and not trouble yourself so much.

If this is a relative of yours, I had no intentions to offend him as not anyone else
(except for a select few that I know).

However, you on the otherhand. You can kiss my goddamed fucnkin ass !!!!