Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > cookies between ast and asp.net

cookies between ast and asp.net

Arno Seitinger

Hi,

how I have to handle cookies between asp and asp.net?

between two asp sites it works fine,
so I can use the sessions direct.
but not between an asp site and an apx site.

thanks
arno

Hans Kesting

Arno Seitinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how I have to handle cookies between asp and asp.net?
>
> between two asp sites it works fine,
> so I can use the sessions direct.
> but not between an asp site and an apx site.
>
> thanks
> arno

If you mean just a "plain cookie": that does not depend on asp, asp.net, php or whatever.
So there you are just bound by domain limits.

If you mean specifically the session cookies, there is not much use: You can NOT
directly share sessions between asp and asp.net sites. (there are some tricks
to sync sessions between asp and asp.net)

Hans Kesting

Saravana

Cookies you cant share between asp and asp.net applications. Cookie name
created by asp.net application is different from asp application cookie
name. Similarly you cant share sessions between asp and asp.net applications
directly. But there are some workarounds, you can check out these links,
http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...rtToASPNET.asp
http://searchvb.techtarget.com/vsnet...293033,00.html

--
Saravana
www.ExtremeExperts.com

"Arno Seitinger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> how I have to handle cookies between asp and asp.net?
>
> between two asp sites it works fine,
> so I can use the sessions direct.
> but not between an asp site and an apx site.
>
> thanks
> arno

Persistant cookies and non-persistant cookies. archana ASP .Net 1 05-25-2007 08:43 AM
Ast tree and python code Yermat Python 1 03-06-2004 03:04 PM
RE: Ast tree and python code Robert Brewer Python 1 03-04-2004 05:08 PM
AST Manipulation and Common Subexpression Elimination Robert Kern Python 6 10-20-2003 09:49 AM

Advertisments