Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple preferably

not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple preferably

HP

Hi All

i wana parse this xml file , which i am getting after doing perl
request to my a website.
i wana store each field in vairable without creating a file.

Please help me out geeks

<header>
<cell column="1">XXXXX</cell>
<cell column="2">Priority</cell>
<cell column="3">YYYYyy</cell>
<cell column="4"> Date</cell>
<cell column="5">Owner</cell>
<cell column="6">l Name</cell>
<cell column="7">Age</cell>
<cell column="8"> Classification</cell>
<cell column="9"> Release</cell>
<cell column="10">stone</cell>
<cell column="11">us</cell>
<cell column="12">HEAD</cell>
</header>
<row order="1">
<cell column="1">ZZZZZZ</cell>
<cell column="2">3</cell>
<cell column="3">Open</cell>
<cell column="4">2005-12-30</cell>
<cell column<="5">GHHHH</cell>
<cell column="6">Tony (H)</cell>
<cell column="7">70</cell>
<cell column="8">FFFFFFFl</cell>
<cell column="9">v16.0_LB7</cell>
<cell column="10">KKKKK</cell>
<cell column="11">RRRRR</cell>

Big and Blue

HP wrote:

> i wana parse this xml file

XML:arser

either you or I have to believe it.

HP

Hi Big & Blue

i wana use xml::simple for that.
please help me out

Paul Lalli

HP wrote:
> Subject: Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple preferably

There is no such module. You probably meant XML::Simple. Case
matters.

> i wana parse this xml file , which i am getting after doing perl
> request to my a website.
> i wana store each field in vairable without creating a file.

What have you tried so far? How did it not do what you wanted? What
errors did you receive? How did the output differ from the expected or
desired output?

> Please help me out geeks

Some people may, indeed, use the term "geek" to describe themselves
with a sense of pride. Others consider it rather insulting. I suggest
you avoid using it with such a broad audience from whom you are seeking
assistance.

> <header>
> <cell column="1">XXXXX</cell>
> <cell column="2">Priority</cell>
> <cell column="3">YYYYyy</cell>
> <cell column="4"> Date</cell>
> <cell column="5">Owner</cell>
> <cell column="6">l Name</cell>
> <cell column="7">Age</cell>
> <cell column="8"> Classification</cell>
> <cell column="9"> Release</cell>
> <cell column="10">stone</cell>
> <cell column="11">us</cell>
> <cell column="12">HEAD</cell>
> </header>
> <row order="1">
> <cell column="1">ZZZZZZ</cell>
> <cell column="2">3</cell>
> <cell column="3">Open</cell>
> <cell column="4">2005-12-30</cell>
> <cell column<="5">GHHHH</cell>
> <cell column="6">Tony (H)</cell>
> <cell column="7">70</cell>
> <cell column="8">FFFFFFFl</cell>
> <cell column="9">v16.0_LB7</cell>
> <cell column="10">KKKKK</cell>
> <cell column="11">RRRRR</cell>

That is not XML.

Paul Lalli

HP

Hi Paul

I dont know very much XML::Simple
i dont know how to do that, since i haven't enough time to go through
the books, i am looking for help
can u help me writing the code for it.
i havent write any code for this

Please help me out.

Paul Lalli

HP wrote:
> I dont know very much XML::Simple

http://search.cpan.org/~grantm/XML-S.../XML/Simple.pm

If you don't know the module, why did you tell another poster you were
insisting on using it?

> i dont know how to do that, since i haven't enough time to go through
> the books,

So your time is more valuable than ours?

> i am looking for help

No you're not. You're looking for someone to write the code for you.

> can u help me writing the code for it.

Wrong newsgroup. Here we help people learn Perl and debug their Perl
programs. You're looking for jobs.perl.org. When you post there, make
sure you include how much you're willing to pay for this service.

> i havent write any code for this

Try. Then ask for help.

> Please help me out.

I did. I told you that the text you posted was not XML, and I pointed
you to the documentation for the module you claim you wish to use.

Paul Lalli

Jürgen Exner

HP wrote:
> i wana parse this xml file , which i am getting after doing perl
>
> <header>
> [...]
> </header>
> <row order="1">
> [...]

This is not XML

jue

Matt Garrish

"Paul Lalli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> HP wrote:
>> Subject: Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple
>> preferably

> There is no such module. You probably meant XML::Simple. Case
> matters.

True, but, like many things, it does and doesn't matter on Windows:

use xml::simple;

will work just fine for requiring the code, but the import part of the use
will fail so you have to prefix all your function calls with XML::Simple::.
Just another of the annoying things about Windows.

Matt

Matt Garrish

"Matt Garrish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OSbuf.521$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Paul Lalli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> HP wrote:
>>> Subject: Re: not able to parse this xml , i wana use xml::simple
>>> preferably

>> There is no such module. You probably meant XML::Simple. Case
>> matters.
>>

> True, but, like many things, it does and doesn't matter on Windows:
>
> use xml::simple;
>
> will work just fine for requiring the code, but the import part of the use
> will fail so you have to prefix all your function calls with
> XML::Simple::. Just another of the annoying things about Windows.

To be clear, that you can write the lower-case version is the annoying
thing, not that you have to prefix the functions (read the other way on
reflection). I have come across code where people haven't used proper case,
and then prefixed all the functions presumably thinking that is just how
it's done.

Matt

Big and Blue

Matt Garrish wrote:

> True, but, like many things, it does and doesn't matter on Windows:
>
> use xml::simple;
>
> will work just fine for requiring the code, but the import part of the use
> will fail so you have to prefix all your function calls with XML::Simple::.
> Just another of the annoying things about Windows.

Actually, it's not Windows per se that causes this - it's
case-insensitive file systems and all (both) of the standard Windows ones
(FAT and NTFS) are case insensitive. The same would be true on a Linux
system if you were using FAT or NTFS to hold the module files (but I doubt
that this occurs all that often).

Presumably NFS on Windows is case-sensitive (I've never bother to
install it, so can't say).

either you or I have to believe it.