Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Access to the path "D:\Kevin's Web Apps\InternalSPHIR\Config\Resource.Config" is denied.

Access to the path "D:\Kevin's Web Apps\InternalSPHIR\Config\Resource.Config" is denied.

KQ

Hi,

I am getting the above error messsage and I can't work out why this is
happening.

I've checked what account the application is running on (using
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurre nt().Name) and it is
the ASPNET account.

I've given ASPNET account full permissions on the directories and
file, but I still get the error.

I'm running IIS 5 on a Windows XP Professional SP2 using ASP.NET
Version 1.1

If I give the Everyone group write permissions to the file then it
works okay but this is obviously is no good.

Any help on this issue would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin.

KQ

I have now solved this.

The problem was that there was an ASPNET account present in the
security listing of the file called domainname\ASPNET. I was assigning
the rights to this account when I should have been assigning the
rights to the machinename\ASPNET account.

I don't know if this is normal to have a domainname\ASPNET account,
maybe someone could shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Kevin.