Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > CGI::Session install tests fail, can I ignore?

Reply
Thread Tools

CGI::Session install tests fail, can I ignore?

 
 
usenet@isbd.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2005
I am trying to install CGI::Session on my Slackware Linux system using
cpan. It 'makes all the right noises' but fails some of the tests.

The perl reports as follows:-
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 4) configuration:
Platform:
osname=linux, osvers=2.4.26, archname=i486-linux
uname='linux midas 2.4.26 #6 wed apr 14 16:31:11 pdt 2004 i686 unknown unknown gnulinux '

CPAN produces the following (just an excerpt):-

cpan> install CGI::Session
Running install for module CGI::Session
Running make for S/SH/SHERZODR/CGI-Session-4.03.tar.gz
Is already unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/CGI-Session-4.03
Has already been processed within this session
Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5.8.4 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/api3_db_file..................NOK 10# Failed test (t/api3_db_file.t at line 46)
Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at t/api3_db_file.t line 48.
# Looks like you planned 14 tests but only ran 10.
# Looks like your test died just after 10.
t/api3_db_file..................dubious
Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 10-14
Failed 5/14 tests, 64.29% okay
t/api3_db_file_freezethaw.......skipped
all skipped: FreezeThaw not available
t/api3_db_file_storable.........NOK 10# Failed test (t/api3_db_file_storable.t at line 47)
Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at t/api3_db_file_storable.t line 48.
# Looks like you planned 14 tests but only ran 10.
# Looks like your test died just after 10.
t/api3_db_file_storable.........dubious
Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 10-14
Failed 5/14 tests, 64.29% okay
t/api3_db_file_storable_incr....NOK 11# Failed test (t/api3_db_file_storable_incr.t at line 51)
Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at t/api3_db_file_storable_incr.t line 52.
# Looks like you planned 15 tests but only ran 11.
# Looks like your test died just after 11.
t/api3_db_file_storable_incr....dubious
Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 11-15
Failed 5/15 tests, 66.67% okay
t/api3_file.....................ok
t/api3_file_freezethaw..........skipped
all skipped: FreezeThaw not available
t/api3_file_freezethaw_incr.....skipped
all skipped: FreezeThaw not available
t/api3_file_storable............ok
t/api3_file_storable_incr.......ok
t/api3_incr.....................ok
t/api3_obj_store................ok
t/api3_obj_store_db_file........Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at t/api3_obj_store_db_file.t line



Is there anything I can do (upgrade other modules maybe?) to get rid of
these errors, or can I ignore them?


--
Chris Green

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
usenet@DavidFilmer.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2005
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am trying to install CGI::Session on my Slackware Linux system using
> cpan. It 'makes all the right noises' but fails some of the tests.

<snip>

Do you have BerkeleyDB installed?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
usenet@isbd.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am trying to install CGI::Session on my Slackware Linux system using
> > cpan. It 'makes all the right noises' but fails some of the tests.

> <snip>
>
> Do you have BerkeleyDB installed?
>

Well I do now even if I didn't before and the results are exactly the
same when installing CGI::Session.

--
Chris Green

 
Reply With Quote
 
Sisyphus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
..
..
> Running make test
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5.8.4 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"

"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> t/api3_db_file..................NOK 10# Failed test (t/api3_db_file.t

at line 46)

Looks to me that lines 45 and 46 are:

my $s2 = new CGI::Session("driverB_File", $sid, {Directory=>'t'});
ok($s2);

If it were me, I would want to find out why $s2 is undef. Perhaps one of
those 3 arguments is invalid. Stick in a few 'print' statements that will
print out helpful information (eg 'print $sid;'). Is "driverB_File" a sane
argument in your environment ?
To run t/api3_db_file.t (without going through the whole rigmarole again)
just run 'perl -Mblib t\api3_db_file.t' from the build directory.

> Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at t/api3_db_file.t line 48.


That's just in response to line 48:

ok($s2->id() eq $sid);

I haven't checked the other errors, but I suspect it's the same issue(s)
that are causing the failures.

I wouldn't install the module until I either :
a) fixed the problem
or
b) verfified that the issue was irrelevant (in my particular case).

Or ... you could just install ... see what happens .... and investigate
further only if something breaks

Cheers,
Rob


 
Reply With Quote
 
Sisyphus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005

"Sisyphus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4386326f$0$26913$(E-Mail Removed) u...
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> .
> .
> > Running make test
> > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5.8.4 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"

> "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> > t/api3_db_file..................NOK 10# Failed test

(t/api3_db_file.t
> at line 46)
>
> Looks to me that lines 45 and 46 are:
>
> my $s2 = new CGI::Session("driverB_File", $sid, {Directory=>'t'});
> ok($s2);
>
> If it were me, I would want to find out why $s2 is undef. Perhaps one of
> those 3 arguments is invalid. Stick in a few 'print' statements that will
> print out helpful information (eg 'print $sid;'). Is "driverB_File" a

sane
> argument in your environment ?


Just noticed that there was no problem with:

my $s = new CGI::Session("driverB_File", undef, {Directory=>"t"} );

which was executed at the begining. This would suggest that the problem lies
with $sid - unless, for some strange reason, the t really does need to be
surrounded by double quotes, as opposed to single quotes.

Cheers,
Rob


 
Reply With Quote
 
usenet@isbd.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2005
Sisyphus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> "Sisyphus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4386326f$0$26913$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> >
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > .
> > .
> > > Running make test
> > > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5.8.4 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"

> > "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> > > t/api3_db_file..................NOK 10# Failed test

> (t/api3_db_file.t
> > at line 46)
> >
> > Looks to me that lines 45 and 46 are:
> >
> > my $s2 = new CGI::Session("driverB_File", $sid, {Directory=>'t'});
> > ok($s2);
> >
> > If it were me, I would want to find out why $s2 is undef. Perhaps one of
> > those 3 arguments is invalid. Stick in a few 'print' statements that will
> > print out helpful information (eg 'print $sid;'). Is "driverB_File" a

> sane
> > argument in your environment ?

>
> Just noticed that there was no problem with:
>
> my $s = new CGI::Session("driverB_File", undef, {Directory=>"t"} );
>
> which was executed at the begining. This would suggest that the problem lies
> with $sid - unless, for some strange reason, the t really does need to be
> surrounded by double quotes, as opposed to single quotes.
>

I worked around my proble by installing CGI::Session version 3.95
which installed without a murmur and does what TWiki needs.

Searching on Google suggests that version 4.03 produces this
installation error on lots of systems.

--
Chris Green

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
should I force a install for DBD::mysql if tests fail? Rahul Perl Misc 4 07-22-2009 08:59 PM
Junit tests, setting up tests without having to create a billion methods xyzzy12@hotmail.com Java 8 02-28-2006 08:59 PM
Tests without study guides or practice tests? =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNS?= Microsoft Certification 8 12-20-2005 04:59 AM
Constant.t fails 240 of 272 tests and recurs.t fails 1 of 25 tests on HPUX using perl 5.8.7 dayo Perl Misc 11 12-16-2005 09:09 PM
RubyGems - Tests fail on Gem install only Ross Bamford Ruby 0 11-30-2005 08:44 PM



Advertisments