Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Win32::IsWinNT missed

Win32::IsWinNT missed

misirion

I tried to install via 'cpan' the Win32::OLE package in my Ubuntu
machine.
I obtained the following error:

Writing Makefile for Win32::ODBC
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32::OLE
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32:erfLib
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Win32:ipe
ERROR from evaluation of
/root/.cpan/build/libwin32-0.26/Process/Makefile.PL: Undefined
subroutine &Win32::IsWinNT called at ./Makefile.PL line 7.
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

-----------------

How can I get out of this? Why do I receive this error about
Win32::IsWinNT?
What strategy should I follow?

Thanks in advance,

misirion

A. Sinan Unur

"misirion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1132081585.712991.80350
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I tried to install via 'cpan' the Win32::OLE package in my Ubuntu

In what way do you expect to be able to use Win32::OLE on Ubuntu Linux?

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

misirion

That's what I expected to read.
Actually, I'm looking for a way that allows me to create a Word file
(or an RTF) under Linux, and I was hoping to use this module of perl
for it. As I see, it uses Windows libraries and cannot be run under
Linux.

Can you suggest me a workaround, for example a way to create RTF files
in perl?
I need to create three simple columns in that doc, or a table is good
too.

Thanks and bye,

misirion

A. Sinan Unur wrote:
> "misirion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1132081585.712991.80350
> @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I tried to install via 'cpan' the Win32::OLE package in my Ubuntu

> In what way do you expect to be able to use Win32::OLE on Ubuntu Linux?
>

> Sinan
> --
> A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>
> (reverse each component and remove .invalid for email address)
>
> comp.lang.perl.misc guidelines on the WWW:
> http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/cl...uidelines.html

Paul Lalli

misirion wrote:
> That's what I expected to read.

What is? Oh, you quoted the entire original, below your reply. Please
don't do that. Trim the post to the relevant bits, and post your new
text below it.

> Actually, I'm looking for a way that allows me to create a Word file
> (or an RTF) under Linux, and I was hoping to use this module of perl
> for it. As I see, it uses Windows libraries and cannot be run under
> Linux.
>
> Can you suggest me a workaround, for example a way to create RTF files
> in perl?

Odd, when I search CPAN for 'RTF', this is one of the first results:
http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/RTF-W...RTF/Writer.pod

I wonder why it didn't turn up for you.

Paul Lalli

misirion

Paul Lalli wrote:
> What is? Oh, you quoted the entire original, below your reply. Please
> don't do that. Trim the post to the relevant bits, and post your new
> text below it.

Right suggestion, sorry for my mistake, I was inattentive.

> Odd, when I search CPAN for 'RTF', this is one of the first results:
> http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/RTF-W...RTF/Writer.pod

Thank you very much for the link.

> I wonder why it didn't turn up for you.

Very interesting question. Please investigate, and let me know the
answer ASAP!

Bye,
misirion

Why the properties of web user controls which inherted from my custom base UI controls missed? ABC ASP .Net 0 11-21-2005 04:08 AM
User Web Controls properties missed. Bug? ABC ASP .Net 0 11-18-2005 01:29 AM
What is missed? Mr T Cisco 0 12-23-2004 08:39 PM
Drowning in 'access-list logging rate-limited or missed 1 packet' entries Joe Filla Cisco 0 12-04-2003 01:53 AM
"access-list logging rate-limited or missed <X> packets" John Caruso Cisco 5 10-29-2003 08:24 AM

Advertisments