Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to join two png images in one ?

How to join two png images in one ?

colossus73@gmail.com

Hi,

which perl module do I need to orizontally join two png images ( two
files ) in one ( in one file ) ? I'm on Linux.

Thanks,
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a GTK2 only archive manager -

Ian Wilson

> which perl module do I need to orizontally join two png images ( two
> files ) in one ( in one file ) ? I'm on Linux.

Possibly http://www.imagemagick.org/script/perl-magick.php
See Montage()

Gregory Toomey

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> which perl module do I need to orizontally join two png images ( two
> files ) in one ( in one file ) ? I'm on Linux.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Colossus
> Xarchiver, a GTK2 only archive manager -
> http://xarchiver.sourceforge.net
> Cpsed, a Linux OpenGL 3D scene editor - http://cpsed.sourceforge.net
> Mizio, a QT proxy hunter scanner tool - http://mizio.sourceforge.net

I'd use Imagemagick in a shell script.
www.imagemagick.org/script/perl-magick.php seems overkill to me.

Here's some good tutorials.
http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~anthony/graphics/imagick6/

gtoomey

Dr.Ruud

(E-Mail Removed):

> which perl module do I need to orizontally join two png images (two
> files) in one (in one file) ? I'm on Linux.

An alternative to ImageMagick is GD.

You can put them next to eachother, or on top of eachother
(transparently).

--
Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."

Richard Gration

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:50:51 +0100, Dr.Ruud wrote:

"Gewoon is een tijger."

Could you please explain the meaning of your sig? I've been puzzling over
it since I first saw it. IIRC, "gewoon" means "ordinary". Supposing
"tijger" is what it looks like, "tiger" then I get "Ordinary is a tiger"
which makes a sort of sense ("The Devil is in the detail" ? ), but I'd
just like to know ...

Rich

usenet@DavidFilmer.com

Richard Gration wrote:
> "Gewoon is een tijger."
> Could you please explain the meaning of your sig?

It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique). A tiny bit of
Google turns up:

http://tinyurl.com/9wkj9

Richard Gration

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:01:54 -0800, usenet wrote:

> Richard Gration wrote:
>> "Gewoon is een tijger."
>> Could you please explain the meaning of your sig?

> It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
> asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique). A tiny bit of
> Google turns up:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9wkj9

Cheers. I read this group a lot and at least skim all threads so figured
it mightn't have been asked before, I just happened to miss it being a
mere 40 posts deep in an unrelated thread. Just might I be excused?

not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

colossus73@gmail.com

Thank you, I didn't know with GD is is possible to join images.

Colossus
Xarchiver, a GTK2 only archive manager -
http://xarchiver.sourceforge.net
Cpsed, a Linux OpenGL 3D scene editor - http://cpsed.sourceforge.net
Mizio, a QT proxy hunter scanner tool - http://mizio.sourceforge.net

Dr.Ruud

Richard Gration:
> usenet:
>> Richard Gration:

>>> "Gewoon is een tijger."
>>> Could you please explain the meaning of your sig?

>> It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
>> asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique). A tiny bit
>> of Google turns up: <http://tinyurl.com/9wkj9>

> Cheers. I read this group a lot and at least skim all threads so
> figured it mightn't have been asked before, I just happened to miss
> it being a mere 40 posts deep in an unrelated thread. Just might I be
> excused?

Yes, you're excused. As another unrelated subject: when replying, one
should perform s/\(was: .*\)$// on the subject header field.
Some relevant people use '[was: .*]', so some tweaking of that regex is
necessary.
99.99% of the times there is an 'Re: ' at the start of the old subject.

--
Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."

usenet@DavidFilmer.com

Richard Gration wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:01:54 -0800, usenet wrote:
> > It might be a good guess that this question just _might_ have been
> > asked before (since Dr.Rudd's sig is so - um - unique)...

> Cheers. I read this group a lot and at least skim all threads so figured
> it mightn't have been asked before, I just happened to miss it being a
> mere 40 posts deep in an unrelated thread. Just might I be excused?

Yeah, I guess we'll let you off the hook just this once I'm feeling
especially generous since I, um, <sheepish grin> misspelled Dr.Ruud's
handle </sheepish grin> (sorry doc).