Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > perl web site downloading

perl web site downloading

darkchild50@gmail.com

im want to write a script that can be given an arugument like
www.google.com and will down load that page and each page on that site
that that page links to. so i could use it to download toutorials and
the like but i cant think of how to do it. any ideas?

-darkchild

A. Sinan Unur

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1131748714.708145.238250
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> im want to write a script that can be given an arugument like
> www.google.com and will down load that page and each page on that site
> that that page links to. so i could use it to download toutorials and
> the like but i cant think of how to do it. any ideas?

Here is what you should do before you think of any more ideas for
scripts so as to be able make the best use of the potential help here:

1. Please read the posting guidelines for this group. The link is in my
sig.

2. Look at the table of contents of Perl documentation that is available
on your computer:

perldoc perltoc

3. Read the answers to the FAQ (all of them)

4. Read the documentation for all the functions Perl provides:

perldoc perlfunc

5. Read the documentation for all core modules.

These steps will ensure that you at least have some background.

Remember, for any exchange of anything to happen, both parties must
benefit from the exchange.

If you have nothing to give, you can expect anything in return, can you?

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

John Bokma

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> im want to write a script that can be given an arugument like
> www.google.com and will down load that page and each page on that site
> that that page links to. so i could use it to download toutorials and
> the like but i cant think of how to do it. any ideas?

wget or curl is your friend. Don't make invent wheels, especially if you
don't know your shapes.

^^^^ ha ha.

I ploink googlegroups.com

hymie!