Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Question Regarding Updating Firefox

Question Regarding Updating Firefox

samx@north.net

Do I have to uninstall my 0.8 version of Firefox before installing the
new 0.9.2 version?

Thanks.

Mueen Nawaz

> Do I have to uninstall my 0.8 version of Firefox before installing the
> new 0.9.2 version?

Probably a good idea.

You _don't_ need to eremove your profile folder. Everything (relevant)
will be imported from there. It may be a good idea to disable all
extensions first, though.

--
Mueen

.BRIAN.

> Do I have to uninstall my 0.8 version of Firefox before installing the
> new 0.9.2 version?

No. You do not have to uninstall the old version before installing the
newest version. And I always recommend you do leave the old version
installed until you verify the newest version works properly.

--
Brian