Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Sending attchments in a web service (SOAP with DIME)

Sending attchments in a web service (SOAP with DIME)

Ipsita

Hi!

I am trying SOAP with DIME attachments in web services. For example
say, I have a file resume.pdf stored somewhere on my server. How does
the web service send the file to the client, so that the client can
store it and also read from it. I am trying out with C# and ASP.NET.
Is there any sample code which will help me?

Please help me in this matter.

Thanks
Ipsita

Sahil Malik

Ipsita,

You can treat the pdf as any other binary file, and have that be one of the
parameters as one of one of your webmethods.

- Sahil Malik
http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...