Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > PERL/CGI Programmer Wanted

PERL/CGI Programmer Wanted

Greg

We're looking for CGI/PERL programmer who can help us integrate CamFrogWeb's
video conferencing software
with our site's user management system (login system)

Our site uses customized vesrion of BAC software for our backend, see
www.buildacommunity.com

video chat software we license :
http://www.camfrogweb.com/
(see attched file "programmer's guide to the integration of camfrogweb")

Here is the detailed description of the script's requirement:

-We have licensed a videoconferencing software (camfrogweb active X Control)
that needs to be integrated with our site's logon and password system.

-Our goal is to integrate video chat room into our site so that our members
would not have to login twice (first time ... to the site, second time... to
the videochat).

-The videochat software will be hosted on a separate server
we lease from EV1Servers.Net
- The Camfrog software will be installed by camfrog programmers on
EV1Servers.Net server.
- The Camfrog software will be hosted on a Windows 2003 server but
our web page can run on buildacommunity.com's server (unix)
- The script that you write should help CamfrogWeb software recognize who is

1) free member (Privilege Group 0 )
2) premium member (Privilege Group 3)
3) free member who paid an entrance fee to participate in "pay-per-
play" game (Privilege Group 5)

Three above mentioned statuses can be determined depending on what directory
the members are using to access the Camfrogweb's videochat software.
Therefore, we should have 3 directories:

1) www.oursite.com/free-directory for free members
2) www.oursite.com/premium-directory for premium members (monthly paid)
3) www.oursite.com/pay-per-play-games-directory for free members while
they're playing a "pay-per-play" game.

-People coming from www.oursite.com/free-directory will have a
"time-out" video features (camfrogweb's configuration is adjustable)

-People coming from www.oursite.com/premium-directory will have no
limitations on video features, 100% access to all features, all the time.
(camfrogweb's configuration is adjustable)

-People coming from www.oursite.com/pay-per-play-games-directory will have
no "video time-out" limitations while they're playing a pay-per-play game
(for the duration of the PPP game).

When a free member pays an entrance fee for the ppp game your script would
have to temporarily move that player (username) from
www.oursite.com/free-directory to
www.oursite.com/pay-per-play-games-directory . That player will be in
www.oursite.com/pay-per-play-games-directory for the duration of the PPP
game. When the game is over or shortly after your script would have to move
him back to www.oursite.com/free-directory.

Basically the script upon the confirmation of payment via ccbill.com and/or
paypal.com moves a free member from one privileged group (group zero) to
another privilege group (group 5).

Our goal is to allow free members - who normally have a restricted use of
video feed - to have a full 100% use of video-feed during the PPP game for
which they paid an entrance fee. Once the ppp game is over your script
should move them back to www.oursite.com/free-directory which allows them a
restricted use of video (video feed times out in 60 seconds; this is
configured via camfrogweb settings).

Please, contact Greg or Alex at

ggendel{@}shaw.ca

remove brackets to make a proper email address

Gregory Toomey

> ggendel{@}shaw.ca
>
> remove brackets to make a proper email address

OK

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed)

A. Sinan Unur

Gregory Toomey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> ggendel{@}shaw.ca
>>
>> remove brackets to make a proper email address

> OK
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed) (E-Mail Removed)

Cute

I'll also file an abuse report with shaw.ca.

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

David H. Adler

On 2005-10-31, Greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> We're looking for CGI/PERL programmer

You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
"news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. (If
n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgrou....newusers.html)
Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
probably already notified them as well.

If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

Yours for a better usenet,

dha

--
David H. Adler - <(E-Mail Removed)> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Riding around on a horse while wearing a loincloth with one's gut