Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > External editor?

External editor?

FCC

Hello all,

I am trying to find out if I could use an external editor (Emacs) to
compose mail and use Mozilla 1.7 to send it (without copying and pasting
of course).

Since I cannot get anything using Google, it seems that this is not
possible.

Or is it?

Thanks for your time,

FCC.

Michael C.

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:19:07 +0200,
FCC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to find out if I could use an external editor (Emacs) to
> compose mail and use Mozilla 1.7 to send it (without copying and pasting
> of course).
>
> Since I cannot get anything using Google, it seems that this is not
> possible.

Sorry if it doesn't answer your question, but I've read of an Emacs news
reader, I'd imagine there's an email client as well.

GL,

Michael C.
--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

The surprise isn't how often we make bad choices;
the surprise is how seldom they defeat us.

FCC

Michael C. said the following on 7/9/2004 6:28 PM:
> Sorry if it doesn't answer your question, but I've read of an Emacs news
> reader, I'd imagine there's an email client as well.

Actually you are right, there is a very good newsreader called gnus, and
smtpmail for sending mail. However, the mail servers keep changing in
the name of being more secure, and now in my case there needs to be
authentication before the mail is accepted for sending, which is not
supported by smtpmail very well (yet), at least this is the case with
me, for I could not manage to set it up although I have tried each an
every suggestion out there that can be detected by Google.

So now I am falling back to the next best alternative, which is not at
all bad, Mozilla. However, not everything is perfect with it, and the
editor is one that is not good (actually I don't blame Mozilla, when
compared to Emacs, there is no editor, which can hold its own actually).

Thanks anyways,

FCC

-=-=-
.... null