Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Daisy Daisy, give me your answer do

Daisy Daisy, give me your answer do

Xah Lee

there is a MacPerl program posted in 1998 that uses Mac's speech synth
to sing Daisy Bell.
See:

http://bumppo.net/lists/macperl/1998/11/msg00412.html

can anyone modify it so it runs out of the box on today's OS X?

PS i'm posting this also in python and lisp group, i hope it'd be some
general interest. For some background of this song, see
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_di...aisy_bell.html

i'm interested in getting versions that can sing the song in Windows,
Mac, Linux using whatever speech synth each OS may provide. Thanks.

Xah
http://xahlee.org/

Xah Lee

Thanks a lot!

Now it is singing! Fantastic.

it'd be great if i can now dump it as a sound file...

Xah
(E-Mail Removed)
http://xahlee.org/

Sherm Pendley wrote:
> "Xah Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > there is a MacPerl program posted in 1998 that uses Mac's speech synth
> > to sing Daisy Bell.
> > See:
> >
> > http://bumppo.net/lists/macperl/1998/11/msg00412.html
> >
> > can anyone modify it so it runs out of the box on today's OS X?

> For pre-Tiger OS versions you'll need to install the Mac::Carbon module from
> CPAN, if you haven't done so already. Tiger ships with it pre-installed.
>
> Aside from that, only trivial modification are needed to update the script.
> Just Replace #!perl with #!/usr/bin/perl, and remove the last line, which
> calls MacPerl::Quit().

daisy-chaining 3548 and 3560 switches halbert@bbn.com Cisco 1 04-11-2006 09:39 PM
Daisy Daisy, give me your answer do Xah Lee Python 8 10-09-2005 11:07 AM
Problem Daisy-Chaining 2950 Using Copper Giga Aharon Schkolnik Cisco 5 09-25-2005 08:37 AM
Cisco 2950 Daisy-Chain Harley D. Cisco 5 05-03-2004 05:29 PM
is it possible to daisy chain Sony DRX 500/510s? Mario Computer Support 0 11-29-2003 08:00 AM

Advertisments