Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Net::SMTP - sending email header ?

Net::SMTP - sending email header ?

Bob

I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
they don't have what I need. help?

Thanks,

Bob

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 01:51:43 GMT, Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
>I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
>they don't have what I need. help?
>
>Thanks,

I should have noted: I'm not looking to do an attachment, I just want
to spec the Content-type header for the main message body to force
text/plain.

Tintin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
> I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
> they don't have what I need. help?

MIME::Lite would be the easiest option

Bob

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:21:30 +1300, "Tintin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
>> I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs but
>> they don't have what I need. help?

>MIME::Lite would be the easiest option

Tintin:

I looked at that but I could not find an example of using MIME::Lite
hooked up with Net::SMTP - although the Perl docs alluded to the
ability to do that. WOuld you know of any examples that show the
two tied together ?

Thanks,

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Bob wrote:
> "Tintin" wrote:
>> "Bob" wrote:
>>> I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
>>> I need to generate the MIME headers.

>> MIME::Lite would be the easiest option

> I looked at that but I could not find an example of using MIME::Lite
> hooked up with Net::SMTP - although the Perl docs alluded to the
> ability to do that. WOuld you know of any examples that show the
> two tied together ?

Thought I'd mention my favorite module for sending mail: Mail::Sender.
It's a packaged module that easily lets you set the headers.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

A. Sinan Unur

Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:21:30 +1300, "Tintin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>I need a pointer... I am using Net::SMTP to send an email message but
>>> I need to generate the MIME headers. I checked the NET::SMTP docs
>>> but they don't have what I need. help?

>>MIME::Lite would be the easiest option
>>

> Tintin:
>
> I looked at that but I could not find an example of using MIME::Lite
> hooked up with Net::SMTP - although the Perl docs alluded to the
> ability to do that. WOuld you know of any examples that show the
> two tied together ?

http://search.cpan.org/~yves/MIME-Lite-
3.01/lib/MIME/Lite.pm#Print_a_message_into_a_string

http://search.cpan.org/~yves/MIME-Li...ite.pm#Sending

Sinan

PS: Setting X-No-Archive is a good way to get into killfiles.

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>