Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla Password Manager File Location

Mozilla Password Manager File Location

Bill

I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows and all of the information
on my hard drive. After reinstalling Mozilla, I have all my Emails and
Bookmarks back, but my passwords are missing for all the websites I log
into.

What is the filename that stores the Password Manager's information and
where is it located?

Thank you in advance,
Bill

Moz Champion

Bill wrote:

> I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows and all of the information
> on my hard drive. After reinstalling Mozilla, I have all my Emails and
> Bookmarks back, but my passwords are missing for all the websites I log
> into.
>
> What is the filename that stores the Password Manager's information and
> where is it located?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Bill

The passwords (and form fill) files are

xxxxxx.s and xxxxxx.w respectively

They are located in the profile folder
If you have copies of your old files, then you can simply use them by following these steps.

Each profile generates its own xxxxxx 'code'
so, save a password in the new profile, it will create and store a xxxxxx.s file
(the xxxxxx will be the same for the w (form fill) file as well)

Quit Mozilla
Now take the old xxxxx.s file and RENAME it to the same name as the new xxxxx.s file in the new profile, drop it into the folder and let it replace the 'newer' one. <POOF> all your old passwords are now in the file

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Bill

Moz Champion wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>
>> I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows and all of the information
>> on my hard drive. After reinstalling Mozilla, I have all my Emails and
>> Bookmarks back, but my passwords are missing for all the websites I
>> log into.
>>
>> What is the filename that stores the Password Manager's information
>> and where is it located?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Bill

> The passwords (and form fill) files are
> xxxxxx.s and xxxxxx.w respectively
>
> They are located in the profile folder
> If you have copies of your old files, then you can simply use them by
> following these steps.
>
> Each profile generates its own xxxxxx 'code'
> so, save a password in the new profile, it will create and store a
> xxxxxx.s file
> (the xxxxxx will be the same for the w (form fill) file as well)
>
> Quit Mozilla
> Now take the old xxxxx.s file and RENAME it to the same name as the new
> xxxxx.s file in the new profile, drop it into the folder and let it
> replace the 'newer' one. <POOF> all your old passwords are now in the file

Thanks a million -- you are a lifesaver!

Bill