Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Web Developer 2005 - develop on local testing server

Visual Web Developer 2005 - develop on local testing server

John Hoge

I'm testing VWD, which has some great features over VS.NET2003, but
there is one feature that it seems to lack: I want to do my
development and testing on a local testing server.

Dreamweaver handles this with ease - I can work from files on a
network share of a testing server and then test the site through that
server. This way I can use "(local)" db references in my connection
strings which will also work on my development server after the files
have been uploaded. The testing server also has nightly backups, so I
don't need to worry about a HD blowing up on my local workstation.

VWD seems to want to work through it's own web server. Does anybody
know a way to tell it to run the site from another IIS machine?