Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > POSIX::WNOHANG redefined

POSIX::WNOHANG redefined

Myron Turner

I'm using a child handler which I've used elsewhere on various
systems, but currently I am getting this message:

POSIX::WNOHANG redefined

my handler is as follows:

sub childhandler {

while((my $retv = waitpid( -1, &POSIX::WNOHANG() ))>0) {
$wait_pid[$wait_index] = $retv;
$wait_index++;
}
$SIG{CHLD} = \&childhandler;
}

I've tried this various ways:

waitpid( -1, &POSIX::WNOHANG)
waitpid( -1, &WNOHANG)
waitpid( -1,WNOHANG)

I've always used the latter without any trouble.

Thanks,

Myron Turner

Brian McCauley

Myron Turner wrote:

> I'm using a child handler which I've used elsewhere on various
> systems, but currently...

So the versions of Perl on the various systems might be relevant.

> ... I am getting this message:
>
> POSIX::WNOHANG redefined

Is that really the exact message? Does it not mention the line at which
the redefinition is happening? What does that line look like?

> my handler is as follows:

How do you know that this is the relevant bit of code to show us?

Please post a _minimal_ but _complete_ script that produces the warning.