Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > googletalk communication with perl

googletalk communication with perl

Alexandre Jaquet

Hi,

Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
have some ressource to share ?

thanks in advance

Alexandre Jaquet

Paul Lalli

Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
> Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
> have some ressource to share ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
standard Jabber proticol?

Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org

Paul Lalli

Alexandre Jaquet

Paul Lalli a écrit :
> Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
>
>>Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
>>have some ressource to share ?

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
> standard Jabber proticol?
>
> Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org
>
> Paul Lalli

As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
authentication, presence, and messaging.

Mark Clements

Alexandre Jaquet > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
> have some ressource to share ?

I haven't, but take a look at http://www.google.com/talk/developer.html.
It should contain enough information to get you started.

regards,

Mark

Stephen Hildrey

Alexandre Jaquet > wrote:
> Paul Lalli a écrit :
>
>> Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
>>> have some ressource to share ?

>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
>> standard Jabber proticol?
>>
>> Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org
>>
>> Paul Lalli
>>

> As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
> authentication, presence, and messaging.

Jabber uses XMPP as its main protocol. As Google Talk uses XMPP too, you
should be able to connect using XMPP or Jabber modules from CPAN, such
as those here:

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=XMPP
or here
http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Jabber

Whether GT is worthy of your time/effort, when a perfectly good,
non-Google XMPP network exists already [1], is a debate best conducted
somewhere other than clpm

[1] - http://www.jabber.org/

--
Stephen Hildrey
E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) / Tel: +442071931337

Thus0

Alexandre Jaquet > wrote:
> Paul Lalli a écrit :
>
>> Alexandre Jaquet wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone 've tryed to communicate with googletalk with a perl script and
>>> have some ressource to share ?

>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Google Talk just making use of the
>> standard Jabber proticol?
>>
>> Search for 'Jabber' at http://search.cpan.org
>>
>> Paul Lalli
>>

> As I know Google Talk uses the standard XMPP protocol for
> authentication, presence, and messaging.

Hello,

I managed to write a perl script with Net-Jabber and Authen-SASL
modules. I've put my source code on my web site :

http://www.pervasive-network.org/SPI...Talk-with-perl

See You

--
Thus0