Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Whether this problem with Refresh or target, I still not clearly understand about it

Whether this problem with Refresh or target, I still not clearly understand about it

phal

Hi, Everyone.

I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about
the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press
F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame.

I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the
information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user
to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will
load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display
information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well.

Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refresh or
Press F5 it will refresh only that file within the right frame?

I don't know whether using target or anyother method?

Thank very much.

Phal

Matt Garrish

"phal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refresh or
> Press F5 it will refresh only that file within the right frame?

I really don't follow what it is you're trying to do, but I can glean enough
from your post that it's probably better suited to
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi or a group dealing with javascript. I
don't think you can capture a refresh per se, but you might be able to make
a work-around using onunload (coupled with a check of a form variable that
only gets set when the user exits the page to some particular end).

Matt

Jürgen Exner

phal wrote:
> I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information

[...]

Would your question be any different if you were using C or Modula or
Fortran as your implementation language? I don't think so.
Therefore it has nothing to do with Perl, either.

I strongly recommend to ask in a NG where people actually care about things
like CGI, frames, updates, refreshes, loading stuff, and F5.

jue

Vance M. Allen

There are a lot nicer ways for the same thing to be said, and this goes for
a lot of the posts I've read in here. People are just seeking help, not
seeking critical people.

Just refer the person to the newsgroup you recommend they use, and leave it
at that. That's all that's necessary.

Vance

"Jürgen Exner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
phal wrote:
> I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information

[...]

Would your question be any different if you were using C or Modula or
Fortran as your implementation language? I don't think so.
Therefore it has nothing to do with Perl, either.

I strongly recommend to ask in a NG where people actually care about things
like CGI, frames, updates, refreshes, loading stuff, and F5.

jue

Tad McClellan

Vance M. Allen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There are a lot nicer ways for the same thing to be said,

And there is a lot nicer way of composing a followup than
top-over, full-quote (TOFU) style.

You clearly are new to usenet, so nobody is going to listen to you
tell us how usenet is or how it should be. You need to have more
knowledge before you will be given any credibility.

You are pretentious enough to have earned a plonk. So long!

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Vance M. Allen

"Tad McClellan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And there is a lot nicer way of composing a followup than
> top-over, full-quote (TOFU) style.

OK, you got me there. I had seen enough that I felt a response was
appropriate, and didn't care enough to filter out the irrelevant portions of
the former message.

> You clearly are new to usenet, so nobody is going to listen to you
> tell us how usenet is or how it should be. You need to have more
> knowledge before you will be given any credibility.

New or not is irrelevant. If people are going to consider using newsgroups
as a spot to get help and have their questions answered, it's necessary that
people can feel comfortable writing a message without being badgered by
people of the nature I speak.

> You are pretentious enough to have earned a plonk. So long!

That's fine with me; I don't need help from people with this stuck-up
attitude...like I have to be worthy for you to receive my messages. See ya.
Or not. I'll get help from those who are honorable and respectful enough to
treat others as they wish to be treated.

Vance

Jürgen Exner

Vance M. Allen wrote:
> There are a lot nicer ways for the same thing to be said, and this
> goes for a lot of the posts I've read in here. People are just
> seeking help, not seeking critical people.
>
> Just refer the person to the newsgroup you recommend they use, and
> leave it at that. That's all that's necessary.

You mean like reading the FAQ to them which is even posted here regularly?

jue

Vance M. Allen

> You mean like reading the FAQ to them which is even posted here regularly?

No, I mean pointing them in the direction they need help without being nasty
about it. Just simply refer to the FAQs, or the specific newsgroup, or
whatever resource you feel they need to use instead, without being stern to
somebody that meant no harm.

Vance