Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Batch POD Conversion

Batch POD Conversion

leegee@gmail.com

Every night I run a cron job with Pod:rojectDocs, but I don't have
time to update the module so that it will document a variety of
namespaces (EASA::EDMS, EASA::CRT) into one index, as well as produce
and line formats other than PDO and HTML (DocBook, PDF, RTF).

I know there are Pod::* modules to convert to these formats, but is
there anything that will meet my needs?

It seems such a ncessary tool to keep the Managers quiet, that i can't
believe it hasn't been done, but my searches of CPAN haven't been very
productive (which I am quite happy to admit is my own failing.)

Thanks in anticipation
lee

A. Sinan Unur

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1126263916.817968.60760
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> It seems such a ncessary tool to keep the Managers quiet, that i can't
> believe it hasn't been done, but my searches of CPAN haven't been very
> productive (which I am quite happy to admit is my own failing.)

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=pod%20pdf&mode=all

returns

http://search.cpan.org/author/STAS/Pod-HtmlPsPdf-
0.04/lib/Pod/HtmlPsPdf.pm
http://search.cpan.org/author/AJFRY/Pod-Pdf-1.2/Pdf.pm

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=...cbook&mode=all

returns

http://search.cpan.org/~nandu/Pod-Do...Pod/DocBook.pm

etc.

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

leegee@gmail.com

Yes, I can search CPAn, I just can't find a module that matches the
criteria of my question. Neither could you by the looks of it, but
thanks for trying.

A. Sinan Unur

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1127477888.833485.319620
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Yes, I can search CPAn, I just can't find a module that matches the
> criteria of my question. Neither could you by the looks of it, but
> thanks for trying.

Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.

In
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp....read/thread/5a
793e7cbbe2e167/858ac1c66e04961f#858ac1c66e04961f>, I recommended a few
modules that you might want to look into. You have not described the ways
in which they are not sufficient for your purposes, and you have not even
described the requirements.

GIGO comes to mind.

*PLONK*

Sinan

leegee@gmail.com

A. Sinan Unur wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1127477888.833485.319620
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Yes, I can search CPAn, I just can't find a module that matches the
> > criteria of my question. Neither could you by the looks of it, but
> > thanks for trying.

> Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.
>
> In
> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....read/thread/5a
> 793e7cbbe2e167/858ac1c66e04961f#858ac1c66e04961f>, I recommended a few
> modules that you might want to look into. You have not described the ways
> in which they are not sufficient for your purposes, and you have not even
> described the requirements.

My oh my, Simon: you are a stickler for details. I'll write to Google
and tell them to sort their poster out: it all threads nicley with
Google, but maybe you're using something less sophisticated. I do hope
this does not come across as HTML, I don't know, I only use Google for
usenet these days.

My original post was full of typos, I'm sure that was confusing; sorry.

I guess the requirement is for something like Doxygen or NaturalDocs,
but inclined towards POD, and without any attempt to automatically
interpret anything. Just to reproduce batches POD, in HTML and maybe
PDF, linked to a single index.

A tool to gather POD from several local directory trees, and output it
as HTML, all linked from one index page.

But let's face it, I could probably have written it in the length of
time I've spent trying to write this, I just didn't want to reinvent
the wheel.

Paul Lalli

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> A. Sinan Unur wrote:
>
> > Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.

> My oh my, Simon:

Who the heck is Simon?

> you are a stickler for details.

.... like getting someone's name right?

> I'll write to Google
> and tell them to sort their poster out:

Good luck. Regulars in this group (and, I presume many other Usenet
groups) have been trying to get Google to fix their broken Usenet
interface since its inception.

> it all threads nicley with
> Google, but maybe you're using something less sophisticated.

"Less sophisticated" than Google Groups? Like what, an abacus?
Seriously, Google Groups is a *great* archive, but as a newsreader it
is pretty much one of the worst ever. Threading is the *only* thing it
does well (and even that fouls up from time to time.

Regardless, assuming that everyone reading Usenet is, or even desires
to, read messages in a threaded context is both arrogant and na´ve.
The custom of quoting an appropriate amount of context in a reply has
been in effect in Usenet for decades. Have you read the Posting
Guidelines for this group?

>I only use Google for usenet these days.

My sympathies to you.

Paul Lalli

A. Sinan Unur

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> A. Sinan Unur wrote:
>
>>> In

>> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....se_thread/thre
>> ad/5a 793e7cbbe2e167/858ac1c66e04961f#858ac1c66e04961f>, I
>> recommended a few modules that you might want to look into. You have
>> not described the ways in which they are not sufficient for your
>> purposes, and you have not even described the requirements.

> My oh my, Simon: you are a stickler for details.

No comment.

> I'll write to Google and tell them to sort their poster out: it all
> threads nicley with Google, but maybe you're using something less
> sophisticated.

No, I use XNews: http://xnews.newsguy.com/ It is not perfect, but it is
100% Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval compliant:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~js/gnksa/Evalu...ws-2.05.10.txt

Now, go see which one of the "must have"s the Google interface actually
has.

Still, with some effort, one can actually compose proper follow ups using
the Google interface. I would not want to, but one can.

Sinan

leegee@gmail.com

Paul Lalli wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > A. Sinan Unur wrote:
> >
> > > Who is 'you'? Please quote some context when you reply.

> ... like getting someone's name right?

Sorry, Sinan. I have very poor eyesight.

Rest of Mr Paul Lalli's post cut as off topic for this group.

leegee@gmail.com

Sadly need a web interface where I'm stuck. Thanks, though, Sinan.