Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > "send page" not working in Firefox

"send page" not working in Firefox

Neil

Chazz Matt wrote:

>It's funny, the one thing I LOVED about Netscape 4.x was that "send page" feature.

In which case maybe Mozilla 1.7.1 is a more appropriate upgrade for you.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Dr. Briefs

Chazz Matt apparently wrote thus:
>I tested all this before posting. Did you?

Don't I feel sheepish.

I tested it with Mozilla, not Firefox, which sends it as attachment just
fine, and IIRC was the same way Netscape 4.x used to do it. But then,
I've always used plain-text mode for emails, so maybe it behaved
differently with HTML mode.

--
Glenn Wang <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.capcorphq.com/
Proud member of #SAS# and Co-Founder of #WASHU#

Chazz Matt

Neil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cclmtk$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Chazz Matt wrote:
>
> >It's funny, the one thing I LOVED about Netscape 4.x was that "send page" feature.
> >

> In which case maybe Mozilla 1.7.1 is a more appropriate upgrade for you.

Perhaps. But, since Firefox is still in beta (0.9.1), I thought it
best to point out this bug before it got written in stone with v. 1.0
and then everyone would say, "Well, that's just the it's always been."

There's no reason Firefox can't match IE and have both a true "send
page" feature (where the page in visible in the message window for
HTML capable e-mail clients) and a "send link" feature (which it has
now, but is mis-labeled as "send page"). By having both options -- as
IE does -- then it's the user's choice of which to use. Personally, I
prefer "send page" over "send link", but other people don't. (and
those people seem to still pine for "Pine".) But, if Netscape 4.x
could have this feature years ago and Microsoft IE has it now (and
goodness knows, we all know how incompetent Microsoft is), then it's
not really a hard technical issue I wouldn't think...