Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RE: Temporary ASP.NET Files and resources

RE: Temporary ASP.NET Files and resources

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuc28=?=

Does anyone have an update on this? This is a problem for us and we need some
feedback.

- Manso

"Manso" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> By default the local IUSR account doesn't have access to "Temporary ASP.NET
> Files". The problem is that as soon as you are localizing your ASP.NET app
> using satellite assemblies these aren't accessable anymore. The assembly
> bin/[lang]/assembly.dll is copied to the temp directory but the application
> (ResourceManager) is trying to access it using anonymous creditials rather
> than the credentials used for accessing all other assemblies.
>
> We're dealing with hosting companies and we need to know whether this is a
> bug and if so, is it documented. I need ammunition when talking to the
> hosting companies trying to pursuade them to change the access rights under
> Temporary ASP.NET Files allowing IUSR to access it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Manso

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuc28=?=

Playing Q&A with myself here...might be useful for someone else, though.

According to Microsoft support this is a bug in ASP.NET 1.1. One of the
workarounds is to apply NTFS Change access rights to Temporary ASP.NET
Files\[instance].

- Manso