Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > ActivePearl not installing on Windows for Darwin Streaming

ActivePearl not installing on Windows for Darwin Streaming

james.barton@christiedigital.com

I want to stream quicktime media from a windows server.

ActivePearl is not installing correctly on Windows XP or 2000server
using MSI binary install. internal perl tests work on IIS 5 and PPM,
but darwin streaming server says its not installed correctlly. Has
anyone got active pearl running with darwin streaming server on windows
platform - help would be great!!

Thanks
LF

RedGrittyBrick

> I want to stream quicktime media from a windows server.
>
> ActivePearl is not installing correctly on Windows XP or 2000server
> using MSI binary install. internal perl tests work on IIS 5 and PPM,
> but darwin streaming server says its not installed correctlly. Has
> anyone got active pearl running with darwin streaming server on windows
> platform - help would be great!!

You are posting using the notorious[1] Google Groups client. Please read
http://groups.google.com/googlegroup...ing_style.html and remember
that most readers of this newsgroup don't use Google Groups.

The posting guidelines for this newsgroup are well worth reading if you
want to be able to get answers to perl questions:

The product is ActivePerl not ActivePearl. This is important for
searching for answers. With the correct product name, Google found
evidence of people with a problem similar to yours.

In your shoes I'd post actual error messages and mention versions of
products installed.

[1] People who use Google Groups are rapidly acquiring the sort of
reputation formerly reserved for AOL users. This is not a good thing to
be associated with. http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

james.barton@christiedigital.com

Thank you for your comments. The error has been resolved because of
compatibity with different versions of activePerl. It does not work
with perl 5.8.7 (which is the latest). Use 5.8.6.

http://home.wangjianshuo.com/archive...windows_xp.htm