Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > ANNOUNCE Net::eBay perl module

ANNOUNCE Net::eBay perl module

Ignoramus27122

I am announcing a new perl module that I wrote, called Net::eBay. This
module provides support for communicating with the eBay API via XML.

It allows to list items for sale, search, revise, and do many other
things without wasting time 'scraping' HTML. Bidding is NOT supported
by eBay itself.

The module is available on CPAN. Just search for Net::eBay.

To use it, you need to obtain access keys from ebay. You have to
register at developer.ebay.com and obtain developer keys. Then you can
use their tokentool and obtain a "token".

Save that to your ~/.ebay.ini (details at perldoc Net::eBay). Call
ebay-validate-test-user.pl to validate your token. Then, start writing
your perl scripts using this API.

When your scripts begin to work, you can obtain a set of production
keys also, by "self certification", which is a trivial process (no
kidding).

Thanks to many posters including John Bokma, who made useful
suggestions.

Paul Lalli

Ignoramus27122 wrote:
> Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived. This
> message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Sep 7, 9:39 am).

> I am announcing a new perl module that I wrote, called Net::eBay. This
> module provides support for communicating with the eBay API via XML.

Your announcing a module that you only want people to know about for
one week? Doesn't that strike you as a tad odd?

Please reconsider your position on setting the X-No-Archive header.
Posts should remain searchable for future people looking for
information.

Paul Lalli

Ignoramus27122

oops, you are right. I will repost.

On 31 Aug 2005 07:05:24 -0700, Paul Lalli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ignoramus27122 wrote:
>> Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived. This
>> message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Sep 7, 9:39 am).

>> I am announcing a new perl module that I wrote, called Net::eBay. This
>> module provides support for communicating with the eBay API via XML.

> Your announcing a module that you only want people to know about for
> one week? Doesn't that strike you as a tad odd?
>
> Please reconsider your position on setting the X-No-Archive header.
> Posts should remain searchable for future people looking for
> information.
>
> Paul Lalli

Tad McClellan

[ Newsgroups and Followups trimmed ]

Paul Lalli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Please reconsider your position on setting the X-No-Archive header.

This OP has been asked that before, it doesn't look like he
wants to be a good citizen...

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas