Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Off-line use

Off-line use

Tony Raven

Is there a way to use Firefox and Tbird off-line easily? A lot of the
time my laptop is not connected to a network/internet when I'm
travelling so off-line use is important to me (and I suspect most laptop
owners)

On Firefox, if I am off-line it simply says it cannot find the URL where
IE pulls it up from cache if its available

On Tbird I cannot find an easy way to download newsgroups for off-line
reading - they seem to need to downloaded individually which is a three
click operation (Rt Clk Properties/Offline Tab/Download now) OE allows
me to get all message bodies in all or selected newsgroups in one click.
It also can be set to off-line so it doesn't waste time putting up
messages that it cannot contact the server everytime you click on the
newsgroup.

Many thanks

Tony

Moz Champion

Tony Raven wrote:

> Is there a way to use Firefox and Tbird off-line easily? A lot of the
> time my laptop is not connected to a network/internet when I'm
> travelling so off-line use is important to me (and I suspect most laptop
> owners)
>
> On Firefox, if I am off-line it simply says it cannot find the URL where
> IE pulls it up from cache if its available
>
> On Tbird I cannot find an easy way to download newsgroups for off-line
> reading - they seem to need to downloaded individually which is a three
> click operation (Rt Clk Properties/Offline Tab/Download now) OE allows
> me to get all message bodies in all or selected newsgroups in one click.
> It also can be set to off-line so it doesn't waste time putting up
> messages that it cannot contact the server everytime you click on the
> newsgroup.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tony

You have to add an extension to TB for offline use

Um, how do you use a browser offline?

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org