Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Redirect to another page

Redirect to another page

b_naick@yahoo.ca

I need to write a perl script which manufactures a URL based on certain
variables, then redirects to another page..

soemthing like this:

params = 1,5|1,8|2,10
url = "http://mysites.com/myapge.aspx?" + params
redirect(url);

can someone pls provide me with a snipet of code to do this in perl?

I am perl illiterate..

Bijoy

Paul Lalli

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I need to write a perl script which manufactures a URL based on certain
> variables, then redirects to another page..
>
> soemthing like this:
>
> params = 1,5|1,8|2,10
> url = "http://mysites.com/myapge.aspx?" + params
> redirect(url);
>
> can someone pls provide me with a snipet of code to do this in perl?
>
> I am perl illiterate..

Are you FAQ illiterate too?

perldoc -q redirect
Found in /opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/pod/perlfaq9.pod
How do I redirect to another page?

Paul Lalli

b_naick@yahoo.ca

oooh sarcasm!

thx neways.

xhoster@gmail.com

> I need to write a perl script which manufactures a URL based on certain
> variables, then redirects to another page..
>
> soemthing like this:
>
> params = 1,5|1,8|2,10
> url = "http://mysites.com/myapge.aspx?" + params
> redirect(url);
>
> can someone pls provide me with a snipet of code to do this in perl?
>
> I am perl illiterate..

If you are Perl illiterate and starting code from scratch, then you should
choose a different language (one in which you are not illiterate) in which
to implement this. Or learn Perl from scratch.

On the other hand, if you are not starting from scratch but rather
maintaining existing code, then you should tell us something about this
existing code.

If you are using CGI.pm, which you almost certainly should be, then read
about CGI.pm's "redirect" method. In fact, read all of CGI's docs. There
are plenty of snipets of code therein.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Paul Lalli

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> oooh sarcasm!
>
> thx neways.

Please quote some context when composing a reply.

Please do not use "cutsie", instant-message style spelling.

Please read the Perl FAQ before posting.

Please read the comp.lang.perl.misc Posting Guidelines before posting.

Please *do* show some genuine appreciation at my having pointed you
*directly to the answer*!

BAH! And people wonder why the regulars in this group get bent out of
shape so easily.

Slowly counting backwards from 100,
Paul Lalli

A. Sinan Unur

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1125341686.185893.69830
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> oooh sarcasm!
>
> thx neways.

Hmmmm ... *PLONK*

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

Scott Bryce

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> oooh sarcasm!

When you reply that way to a perfectly good answer to your question, you
come across as stupid.

> thx neways.

When you spell that way, you come across as illiterate.

Assuming I am wrong, try looking here:

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.4/pod...-another-page-

You are expected to make some attempt at finding the answers on your own
before you post here.

http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml

If after reading the documentation, you still can't figure out the
answer, please post the code you have tried, and we will help you fix it.

twice_redeemed@yahoo.com

Sarcastic idiots like you drive people away from boards

A. Sinan Unur

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1125346740.242704.181230
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Sarcastic idiots like you drive people away from boards

This is not a board. This is UseNet.

Oh, by the way, *PLONK*

Next?

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

b_naick@yahoo.ca

I didn't realize that this ng is for Perl experts only.. Your initial
jab at me was unwarranted. What purpose does the following serve?? "Are
you FAQ illiterate too?".

A simple, straight forward, to the point answer was more than
sufficient.. if you find my question or IM style annoying, you didn't
have to respond.