Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > regex in perl (using variables)

regex in perl (using variables)

dario

"Gunnar Hjalmarsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One thought is that you didn't convert the file in question to Unix
> format when copying it from Windows. In that case the chomp()ing may
> accidentally serve the purpose of removing the \r character.

Thank's that's right. When I converted the files to unix all worked.
Thank' again.
Dario

dario

I didn't do that. When I did it worked!z
Thank's!
Dario
"Joe Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> dario wrote:
>
> > So I used insted:
> >
> > open(DATA, "<rule.spam") || die "can't open rule.spam";

> You took "$!" out of the die() message. That's not good.
> Put it back in.
>
> > Other important thing is to test it on linux/perl (it works on windows

what