Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Active Perl: XP dll corrupted?

Active Perl: XP dll corrupted?

George

Running XP SP2. I installed ActivePerl 5.8.7.813 (MSWin32) last week.
Now, when I try to run certain other apps (nbtstat, acrobat), I get an
error message:

"The procedure entry point [whatever] could not be located
in the dll ADVAPI32.dll"

I don't get any hits when I google for this. So, it could be
something else, but I thought I should ask if anyone has any clues
about this.

TIA,
George

Mothra

George wrote:
> "The procedure entry point [whatever] could not be located
> in the dll ADVAPI32.dll"

(snipped)

http://www.auditmypc.com/process/advapi32.asp

Your problem has absolutely nothing to do with Perl

Mothra

Bob Walton

George wrote:
> Running XP SP2. I installed ActivePerl 5.8.7.813 (MSWin32) last week.
> Now, when I try to run certain other apps (nbtstat, acrobat), I get an
> error message:
>
> "The procedure entry point [whatever] could not be located
> in the dll ADVAPI32.dll"
>
> I don't get any hits when I google for this. So, it could be

I don't know what you were smoking when you did your Google
search. I got 74100 hits by copy/pasting the above filename;
among the first four was one which explains it in detail, and
another providing a copy of it for free.

> something else, but I thought I should ask if anyone has any clues
> about this.

Here's a clue: It has nothing to do with Perl. I have that very
same version of Perl running under the very same OS, and have had
zero problems.

--
Bob Walton