Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > baking cookies

baking cookies

Dean A. Hoover

In CGI.pm there is a function for making a cookie
from a scalar, hash, or array. It apparentley does
not support lists of lists, hashes of lists, etc.
Is there existing code that will do that?

Thanks.
Dean

Paul Lalli

Dean A. Hoover wrote:
> In CGI.pm there is a function for making a cookie
> from a scalar, hash, or array.
> It apparentley does
> not support lists of lists, hashes of lists, etc.

There's no such thing as a list of lists, or a hash of lists. There
are lists of array references, and hashes of array references, however.

> Is there existing code that will do that?

To my knowledge, what you're looking for doesn't quite make sense. A
cookie can have one value, or a series of values. A series of series
of values is something altogether different.

Perhaps you should look into saving your complex data structure as one
large string? Have a look at the Storable module on CPAN.

Paul Lalli

Damian James

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:47:56 GMT, Dean A. Hoover said:
> In CGI.pm there is a function for making a cookie
> from a scalar, hash, or array. It apparentley does
> not support lists of lists, hashes of lists, etc.
> Is there existing code that will do that?

Look at Data:umper.

--Damian

Baking a Cake Dudley Hanks Digital Photography 4 12-18-2009 12:57 AM
Like baking a cake Joe HTML 26 08-16-2006 01:51 AM
Baking up emails in NTL version of (looks like ?) Netscape welltravelledlibran@ntlworld.com Computer Support 3 10-31-2005 01:12 PM
Response.Cookies vs Request.Cookies Alex Nitulescu ASP .Net 1 02-03-2005 09:43 AM

Advertisments