Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > DCFORUM won't execute file as script

DCFORUM won't execute file as script

blubberpuss@gmail.com

This is much more a problem with human error rather than DCForum I'm
sure. I'm no programmer....
I've got the files on the server, but when I go to the URL (eg:
http://www.sample.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi) I get the code
rather than the executed output.
I've made changes to several files:
I checked the server (Win 2000) settings and they're set to execute
scripts in the directory. I've gone through the install_nt.txt and
adjusted dcadmin.cgi, dcboard.cgi, and dcforum.setup to the appropriate
settings.
Anybody have any ideas? I'm pretty sure this is bone-simple....
TIA.

/s

Paul Lalli

> This is much more a problem with human error rather than DCForum I'm
> sure. I'm no programmer....

That's okay, becuase it has nothing to do with code.

> I've got the files on the server, but when I go to the URL (eg:
> http://www.sample.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi) I get the code
> rather than the executed output.
> I've made changes to several files:
> I checked the server (Win 2000) settings and they're set to execute
> scripts in the directory. I've gone through the install_nt.txt and
> adjusted dcadmin.cgi, dcboard.cgi, and dcforum.setup to the appropriate
> settings.
> Anybody have any ideas? I'm pretty sure this is bone-simple....

Yes, ask a newsgroup that deals with webserver configuration. This one
deals with the Perl programming language.

Paul Lalli