Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > PPM through Proxy (Activeperl / Activestate)

PPM through Proxy (Activeperl / Activestate)

nasir

hi, i have just installed the latest Activeperl from activestate.com
and need to add some modules through PPM. I am behind a firewall and
forced to go through a proxy (IE Settings are Automatic Proxy
Configuration URL (something like http://server.domain.com/proxy.pac).

I am unable to install package through PPM surely because of this proxy
problem, how can I tell PPM to use the PROXY settings in IE or define
proxy URL manually in PPM?

ppm> install Net::Telnet
Error: No valid repositories:
Error: 500 Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown
error)
Error: 500 Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown
error)

by the way I have defined the Environment Variable in my Windows 2000
Professional box as described in aspn.activestate.com but no luck. As I
said, IE needs Automatic Proxy configuration URL along with a .pac file

please suggest.

Reinhard Pagitsch

Hello,

nasir wrote:

> hi, i have just installed the latest Activeperl from activestate.com
> and need to add some modules through PPM. I am behind a firewall and
> forced to go through a proxy (IE Settings are Automatic Proxy
> Configuration URL (something like http://server.domain.com/proxy.pac).
>
> I am unable to install package through PPM surely because of this proxy
> problem, how can I tell PPM to use the PROXY settings in IE or define
> proxy URL manually in PPM?
>
> by the way I have defined the Environment Variable in my Windows 2000
> Professional box as described in aspn.activestate.com but no luck. As I
> said, IE needs Automatic Proxy configuration URL along with a .pac file
>
> please suggest.

I only can suggest to download the ppm packages from Activestate and
install them manualy.

ppm install Some-Module.ppd

--
regards,
Reinhard

nasir

yes, i finally did that. Anyways it is a kind of manual method but
there seems to be no work around unless they make PPM, "Automatic Proxy
config URL" enabled

thank you

Reinhard Pagitsch wrote:

> I only can suggest to download the ppm packages from Activestate and
> install them manualy.
>
> ppm install Some-Module.ppd
>

> --
> regards,
> Reinhard

Reinhard Pagitsch

nasir wrote:
> yes, i finally did that. Anyways it is a kind of manual method but
> there seems to be no work around unless they make PPM, "Automatic Proxy
> config URL" enabled

No, as I know there is no work around, sorry.

regards,
Reinhard

PPM and Proxy alex Perl 0 06-18-2004 11:40 AM
ppm: ppm install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel Marko Faldix Perl Misc 3 01-27-2004 05:47 AM
Problem installing through PPM Nilendu Perl Misc 2 12-01-2003 02:11 AM
Problem while installing through PPM. SK Perl Misc 4 11-29-2003 12:26 PM
Problem using ActiveState PPM to install module Irwin Friedman Perl 1 09-06-2003 10:57 PM

Advertisments