Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla message search error

Mozilla message search error

Dick

I get an error when I try to use the Tools/Search Messages feature in
Mail & Newsgroups (both Mozilla 1.6 and 1.7). When I try to search for
text in the subject line the following error message appears:

A News (NNTP) error occurred: Unknown command: XPAT SUBJECT 1- *.....*

with the two *'s are the letters I was searching for in brackets suchs
as [Aa][Bb][Cc][Dd].

If I try to search for the sender I get the same error with "FROM"
replacing "SUBJECT"

Can you help?

Thank you.

Dick