Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > posting without having old page in history

Reply
Thread Tools

posting without having old page in history

 
 
tshad
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2004
I want to be able allow our users to push buttons to show and hide hidden
grids on my page.

The problem is that each one of these pages gets put into the history.
There is no need to go back, as the can just redisplay a grid by pushing a
button. Also, they could push a button (or many buttons) many times (say 15
times) and if they want to go the the previous page (the one that got them
there), they need to hit the back button 16 times to get to it.

Is there a way to post the page and just overwrite the page they are
leaving?

Thanks,

Tom.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2004
One technique is to make all of your "pages" user controls that are embedded
in one .aspx page and swapped in and out. If they try to go back, the go
back to the same page they are at.

"tshad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to be able allow our users to push buttons to show and hide hidden
>grids on my page.
>
> The problem is that each one of these pages gets put into the history.
> There is no need to go back, as the can just redisplay a grid by pushing a
> button. Also, they could push a button (or many buttons) many times (say
> 15 times) and if they want to go the the previous page (the one that got
> them there), they need to hit the back button 16 times to get to it.
>
> Is there a way to post the page and just overwrite the page they are
> leaving?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
tshad
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-17-2004
"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One technique is to make all of your "pages" user controls that are
> embedded in one .aspx page and swapped in and out. If they try to go back,
> the go back to the same page they are at.


I am not sure how you would do that.

Isn't there a way in the sort routine when the page gets sent back to just
tell it to replace the old history entry with the new one?

Thanks,

Tom.
>
> "tshad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I want to be able allow our users to push buttons to show and hide hidden
>>grids on my page.
>>
>> The problem is that each one of these pages gets put into the history.
>> There is no need to go back, as the can just redisplay a grid by pushing
>> a button. Also, they could push a button (or many buttons) many times
>> (say 15 times) and if they want to go the the previous page (the one that
>> got them there), they need to hit the back button 16 times to get to it.
>>
>> Is there a way to post the page and just overwrite the page they are
>> leaving?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tom.
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Values entered in the Form disappears when using the history.go(-1) or history.back() sujith.bolar@gmail.com Javascript 2 10-17-2006 08:12 PM
Recover Firefox web search history with history set to 0 days Sudip Chakraborty Firefox 2 11-21-2005 06:47 PM
[ANN] irb-history 1.0.0: Persistent, shared Readline history for IRB Sam Stephenson Ruby 1 06-18-2005 08:56 AM
history.dat, formhistory.dat - deleting deletes history? S.Rodgers Firefox 4 05-05-2005 01:03 AM
Can I make a page open at the last line without having page#zzz in the address bar? Jake Javascript 5 06-07-2004 09:34 PM



Advertisments