Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Python documentation problem

Python documentation problem

Xah Lee

Python documentation,
http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/lib/typesfunctions.html

-----------------
2.3.10.3 Functions

Function objects are created by function definitions. The only
operation on a function object is to call it: func(argument-list).

There are really two flavors of function objects: built-in functions
and user-defined functions. Both support the same operation (to call
the function), but the implementation is different, hence the different
object types.

See the Python Reference Manual for more information.
-----------------

**** the python doc wasted my time. **** python coders.
Each time i tried to use python doc and got frustrated because it being
grossly incompetent, i'll post a message like this, no more frequent
than once a week. This will go on as long the python community does
nothing to fix it or that i remain coding in python.
For reference, see
http://xahlee.org/perl-python/re-write_notes.html

Xah
http://xahlee.org/

Erik Max Francis

Xah Lee wrote:

> **** the python doc wasted my time. **** python coders.

Use your words!

--
Erik Max Francis && (E-Mail Removed) && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.

Xah Lee

i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.

somecode='3+4'
print eval(somecode) # prints 7

in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find this
info?

Xah
(E-Mail Removed)
http://xahlee.org/

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach Xah Lee:

> i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.
>
> somecode='3+4'
> print eval(somecode) # prints 7
>
> in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find this
> info?

You are not going to find it in comp.lang.perl.misc.

Tassilo
--
use bigint;
$n=71423350343770280161397026330337371139054411854 220053437565440;

Jrgen Exner

Xah Lee wrote:
> Python documentation,
> [...] Python Reference Manual for more information.
> [...] python doc wasted my time. [...] python coders.
> [...] use python doc
> python community [...] coding in python.

[Sexual explicatives deleted]

And this outburst has exactly _what_ to do with Perl (see list of NGs)?

jue

Jrgen Exner

Xah Lee wrote:
> i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.
>
> somecode='3+4'
> print eval(somecode) # prints 7
>
> in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find
> this info?

Why are you asking in a Perl NG for information about Python?
Or are you also asking your backer how to trim a steak?

jue

axel@white-eagle.invalid.uk

In comp.lang.perl.misc Xah Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i wanted to find out if Python supports eval. e.g.

> somecode='3+4'
> print eval(somecode) # prints 7

> in the 14 hundred pages of python doc, where am i supposed to find this
> info?

By using the index - it's an alphabetical list of names and topics.

Follow-ups set.

Axel