Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Mac Users cannot access perl CGI

Mac Users cannot access perl CGI

GMI

I am devaloping a web site on IIS on a Win2K sysem. the system works fine
when using IE on Windows but Mac users get an error message that say it does
not recognize ".PL"

Also when I am using FireFox as a browsed it starts to download the HTML
contents as a file!!
Any help is appreciated.

A. Sinan Unur

"GMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Any help is appreciated.

Please read the posting guidelines for this group. They contain valuable
information on how you can help yourself, and help others help you.

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

GMI

I know hoe to help myself. If I could find any article on this subject, I
would not post this message. If you have any idea about the problem please
let us know otherwise do not waste your time.

"A. Sinan Unur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "GMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Any help is appreciated.

> Please read the posting guidelines for this group. They contain valuable
> information on how you can help yourself, and help others help you.
>
> Sinan
>
> --
> A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>
> (reverse each component and remove .invalid for email address)
>
> comp.lang.perl.misc guidelines on the WWW:
> http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/cl...uidelines.html

Matthias Urlichs

Hi, GMI wrote:

> I know hoe to help myself. If I could find any article on this subject, I
> would not post this message. If you have any idea about the problem please
> let us know otherwise do not waste your time.

Would you please actually *read* the posting guidelines?

>> Is there a better place to ask your question?
>> - Question should be about Perl, not about the application area

Your question is not a Perl question.

--
Matthias Urlichs | {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
- -

Tintin

"GMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am devaloping a web site on IIS on a Win2K sysem. the system works fine
> when using IE on Windows but Mac users get an error message that say it
> does
> not recognize ".PL"
>
> Also when I am using FireFox as a browsed it starts to download the HTML
> contents as a file!!
> Any help is appreciated.

Your question is off topic, but I'll bet you that the Mac Browser (Safari?)
and Firefox are both doing the correct things, whereas IE is only working
due to its inability to conform to standards.

Sherm Pendley

"GMI" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I am devaloping a web site on IIS on a Win2K sysem. the system works fine
> when using IE on Windows but Mac users get an error message that say it does
> not recognize ".PL"
>
> Also when I am using FireFox as a browsed it starts to download the HTML
> contents as a file!!

You are not returning the correct MIME type from your CGI.

sherm--