Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Specifying which Perl with pp.bat

Specifying which Perl with pp.bat

david@tvis.co.uk

Hi,
I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC

Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
than my default cygwin Perl.

(at present I have to open a Dos Window and CD to the correct
directory)

--
zzapper
vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"

Dave

> I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC
>
> Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
> than my default cygwin Perl.

Sure. You should see the following (or something very similar) at the
very top of "pp.bat":

@rem = '--*-Perl-*--
@echo off
if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT
perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto endofperl
:WinNT
perl -x -S %0 %*

Change the appropriate line from "perl -x ..." to "C:/perl/bin/perl -x
...." (or to wherever your desired perl interpreter resides).

Note that technically this is not a Perl issue.

Dave

david@tvis.co.uk

Dave2Dave

I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
version

Dave wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC
> >
> > Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
> > than my default cygwin Perl.

> Sure. You should see the following (or something very similar) at the
> very top of "pp.bat":
>
> @rem = '--*-Perl-*--
> @echo off
> if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT
> perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
> goto endofperl
> :WinNT
> perl -x -S %0 %*
>
> Change the appropriate line from "perl -x ..." to "C:/perl/bin/perl -x
> ..." (or to wherever your desired perl interpreter resides).
>
> Note that technically this is not a Perl issue.
>
> Dave

A. Sinan Unur

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

[ Please do not top post ]

> Dave wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> > I have both cygwin perl & activestate Perl on my PC
>> >
>> > Is there any easy way to tell pp.bat to use activestate Perl rather
>> > than my default cygwin Perl.

>> Sure. You should see the following (or something very similar) at
>> the very top of "pp.bat":

>> Change the appropriate line from "perl -x ..." to "C:/perl/bin/perl
>> -x ..." (or to wherever your desired perl interpreter resides).

> I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
> version

Well, which shell are you using (cmd.exe or Cygwin bash). In either
case, are you invoking pp.bat as 'pp.bat' or just 'pp'? After making the
suggested change, try invoking it as 'pp.bat' on the command line.

Sinan
--
A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)>

Dave

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Dave2Dave
>
> I've tried that somehow it still insists on picking up my cygwin
> version

I think Sinan has figured out your problem (see his post). Look for a
file named "pp" (without the ".bat" extension) in the same directory,
and either delete it or change the first line (#!...) to point to your
target perl.

Dave