Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Perl on a mainframe system

Perl on a mainframe system

Bob walker

I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.

Thanks,

Brian McCauley

Bob walker wrote:

> I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
> anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.

Only is you used any non-portable features.

(Er, can you say tautology?)

Perl tries to be as portable as possible but also tries to give you as
much access as possible to each OSs OS-specific stuff.

First ensure you use no Win32 modules.

Then check that all the modules you do use support the target platform.

Also make sure you make no Windoze-centric filename assuptions (like
drive letters or using backslashes as directory separators).

Finally check the platfor specific documentation for the mainfame OS.

Jazeker

Bob walker wrote:
> I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
> anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.
>
> Thanks,

Typical... now I start wondering whether Perl distributions do exist on
popular mainframes :-s

--
print <<EOF;
Just a noobish Perl hacker

Looking for online information about the old POSB mainframe/branchterminal system Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) NZ Computing 21 03-30-2008 12:03 AM
Carrer advice : Java and Mainframe... Mirlitone Java 12 09-29-2005 06:12 PM
Who knows Class MainFrame? tony_lincoln@yahoo.com Java 2 08-31-2005 09:08 PM
Java on a Mainframe? Barry Burd Java 7 12-02-2003 08:56 PM
Re: help with mainframe file John Bokma Perl 0 09-03-2003 04:23 PM

Advertisments