Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > GMT time to local time, according to timezone and summer/winter time.

GMT time to local time, according to timezone and summer/winter time.

David Joseph Bonnici

Hi, is there an already made function , or some easy method, where I can
convert a gmt time to local time or vice versa. It should also account for
Summer and winter time 1 hour differences, apart from that it should support
also timezones.

Any suggestions before I dive in the coding.

David

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

David Joseph Bonnici wrote:
> Hi, is there an already made function , or some easy method, where I can
> convert a gmt time to local time or vice versa. It should also account for
> Summer and winter time 1 hour differences, apart from that it should support
> also timezones.

There are most certainly a few CPAN modules.

http://search.cpan.org/

Even if I'm not sure, two modules I'd check out are DateTime and
Date::Manip.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson