Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP Error on INSERT INTO Statement

ASP Error on INSERT INTO Statement

=?Utf-8?B?T2ZmX1JvdXRl?=

Hi

I'm getting the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The INSERT INTO statement contains
the following unknown field name: 'ClientName'. Make sure you have typed the
name correctly, and try the operation again.

I have checked the field names in the database numerous times and I can't
find anyting wrong with them. The IIS servere has the approriate permissions
to the Access database.

When I run the query from access it sucessfully inserts the row. Thanks in
advance for your help and here is my code:

set objCmd = server.CreateObject("adodb.command")
set objCmd.ActiveConnection = oUnifiedConn

DIM strTest
strTest = "INSERT INTO Client (ClientName) VALUES ('" & strName & "');"
response.Write strTest

objCmd.CommandText = strTest
'objCmd.CommandType = adCmdtext
objCmd.Execute ' line 82

Thanks Mark

JD

Try:

strTest = "INSERT INTO Client (ClientName) VALUES ('" & strName & "')"

or

strTest = "INSERT INTO Client ([ClientName]) VALUES ('" & strName & "')"

JD.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...