Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > [OT] PerlTidy option to close parens on function params *only*

[OT] PerlTidy option to close parens on function params *only*

newsbot@cox.net

Since I don't consider this question strictly Perl related, I've marked
as [OT]. Yet at the same time, I'm not sure where else to ask it since
no one other than Perl users would conceiveably use PerlTidy.

That said, I want to provide an option or options to PerlTidy that
format parenthesis in this fashion:

for (1..10) {
do_something( $_, "Dude" );
}

-or-

if ($a < 10) {
do_something( $a, "Dude" );
}

In other words, parens after keywords like "while," "for," and "if"
etc. stay tight (eg. no whitespace), whilst parameters passed to
subroutines are formated with one space as with "do_somthing()" above.

The PerlTidy man page provides no options that I can see other than
tight parens EVERYWHERE. Also the PerlTidy home page offers nothing
revealing either and there is no list associated with this product that
I can see. I was hoping I might trip across someone here that is
experienced enough with PerlTidy to offer a solution to the above.

Right now, I'm living with tight parens globally. But I'd rather have
white space around my parameters to subroutines.

Thanks!
-ceo

Ruby equiv of Perltidy? Ruby 4 06-02-2005 06:13 PM
How to avoid "f.close" (no parens) bug? Michael Chermside Python 0 02-13-2004 04:51 PM
How to avoid "f.close" (no parens) bug? Stephen Ferg Python 12 02-13-2004 06:40 AM
RE: How to avoid "f.close" (no parens) bug? Batista, Facundo Python 2 02-11-2004 09:28 PM
RE: How to avoid "f.close" (no parens) bug? Batista, Facundo Python 2 02-11-2004 07:54 PM

Advertisments