Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Requesting FLASH + PERL book

Requesting FLASH + PERL book

soup_or_power@yahoo.com

Can someone please suggest a good book to learn Flash. I know Perl and
want to make graphs and charts using Flash.
Thank you

David K. Wall

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can someone please suggest a good book to learn Flash. I know Perl
> and want to make graphs and charts using Flash.

No idea. Maybe the folks in macromedia.flash or alt.macromedia.flash
would have some suggestions. While you're there, why not ask them to
recommend a good book on Perl? I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Christopher Nehren

On 2005-05-02, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) scribbled these
curious markings:
> Can someone please suggest a good book to learn Flash. I know Perl and
> want to make graphs and charts using Flash.

Why not use (one of) the fine GD module(s) so that people don't need to
install a proprietary, platform-specific ugly hack of an extension on
their computers?

Further, this is completely off-topic here.

Best Regards,
Christopher Nehren
If you ask the wrong questions, you get answers like "42" and "God".

Erich Horsten

> Can someone please suggest a good book to learn Flash. I know Perl and
> want to make graphs and charts using Flash.

Maybe you want to have a look at the Sample Chapter of the Perl Graphics
Programming book:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlgp/chapter/ch09.pdf

Regards,
Erich

soup_or_power@yahoo.com

Thank you very much for the references. I'm looking forward to creating
line/bar graphs, pie-charts, etc. using Perl. I am considering GD
module at this time. If there is a good reference to learn GD please
post it here.