Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Installing DBI on Mac OS-X.3

Installing DBI on Mac OS-X.3

Dan

Morning All,

I'm really struggling to get mysql to work with OS-X. I want to use
Perl to do some simple database stuff. MySQL went on a dream, but I
can't get DBI to install. Is there a double-clickable way of doing
it? I'm getting fed-up with Makefiles failing and CPAN spirting
page-after-page of stuff that I don't understand!

Apple has such a good approach to development; providing Apache and
Perl in the standard OS, so why can't they put MySQL in as well!
I've spent best part of a day on this and its getting me down.

Thanks,

Dan

Sherm Pendley

Dan wrote:

> I'm really struggling to get mysql to work with OS-X. I want to use
> Perl to do some simple database stuff. MySQL went on a dream, but I
> can't get DBI to install.

You might have better luck asking about this on perl.org's macosx list:

<http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=macosx>

But *please*, before you ask, search the archives. This very question
has been asked (and answered) many times before. Especially relevant is
this post from Ed Moy, Apple's "Perl guy":

<http://www.mail-archive.com/macosx%40perl.org/msg05736.html>

> Apple has such a good approach to development; providing Apache and
> Perl in the standard OS, so why can't they put MySQL in as well!

It's included with Mac OS X Server.

sherm--