Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Tab focus in Firefox

Tab focus in Firefox

Colonel Blip

I had to reinstall Firefox and something has changed that I can not find. To
illustrate, I track eBay items. When I have an item I've searched for and
click on the "Track Item" link, in now acts as if the tab is locked and
always opens a new tab. In prior install, when I did this the link was
opened on the existing tab. I have Tab Browser Extensions but can find no
setting there that has this thing confused.

Help anyone? Thanks.

--
Colonel Blip
Remove "nospam" when replying.

[KS]

Colonel Blip wrote:
> I had to reinstall Firefox and something has changed that I can not find. To
> illustrate, I track eBay items. When I have an item I've searched for and
> click on the "Track Item" link, in now acts as if the tab is locked and
> always opens a new tab. In prior install, when I did this the link was
> opened on the existing tab. I have Tab Browser Extensions but can find no
> setting there that has this thing confused.
>
> Help anyone? Thanks.

Just a suggestion. Try uninstalling TBE and see if it works. TBE makes
lot of changes in Firefox code and sometimes causes problems. For me it
didn't let me start more than one instance of Firefox/Mozilla at a time.
After removing TBE everything went back to normal.

Good Luck.

Colonel Blip

Found solution in TBE prefs - Advanced, unchecked Links which refer to other
sites and that solve problem.

"[KS]" <boneywasawarriorvayayix_NOSPAM@NOSPAM_yahoo.com > wrote in
message news:ccdm14$(E-Mail Removed)

--