Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Saving a compiled source file with the "require"d files

Saving a compiled source file with the "require"d files

Ray Muforosky

Help.

If I have file1 that loads (require file2 and files), is it possible
save the content of file file after the load.

example:
file1
#!perl
$a =12;
require file2;
$b = $z;
require file3;
$c = $y;
print $a;

file2
$z = 200;
1;

file3
$y = "foo";
1;

So, is it possible to save file1 after loading file2 and file3
file1 becomes:
#!perl
$a =12;
$z = 200;
$b = $z;
$y = "foo";
$c = $y;
print $a;

Thanks
Ray

xhoster@gmail.com

"Ray Muforosky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Help.

Please pick one appropriate subject line, and then stick with it.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Ray Muforosky

My apologies, I thought the first subject was not proper.

Anno Siegel

Ray Muforosky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> Help.
>

> If I have file1 that loads (require file2 and files), is it possible
> save the content of file file after the load.
>

> example:
> file1
> #!perl
> $a =12;
> require file2;
> $b = $z;
> require file3;
> $c = $y;
> print $a;
>

> file2
> $z = 200;
> 1;
>

> file3
> $y = "foo";
> 1;
>

> So, is it possible to save file1 after loading file2 and file3
> file1 becomes:
> #!perl
> $a =12;
> $z = 200;
> $b = $z;
> $y = "foo";
> $c = $y;
> print $a;

You can use Perl to print the text above, and you can overwrite
file1 with it, but you'll have to write the code yourself. I would
not call that "saving file1 after loading", it's a completely
different file.

Anno