Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Telnet from windows to an arm32 processor

Telnet from windows to an arm32 processor

nbufkin

I am trying to connect via telnet from a windows 2000 machine to a
arm32 processor using perl. The example scripts provided by this group
are similiar to the following:

use Net::Telnet ();
$t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10,
Prompt => '/bash\$ $/');
$t->open("sparky");
$t->login($username, $passwd);
@lines = $t->cmd("who");
print @lines;

The device I am connecting to does not require a username and password,
so I have modified the script to look like this:

use Net::Telnet ();
$t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10,
Prompt => '->');
$t->open("10.1.4.2");
@lines = $t->cmd("i");
print @lines;

The script return with the following error message:

"bad match operator: opening delimiter missing: -> at try3 line 2"

The script always fails at the prompt line. Does the Net::Telnet
object require a username and password?

HC

"nbufkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am trying to connect via telnet from a windows 2000 machine to a
> arm32 processor using perl. The example scripts provided by this group
> are similiar to the following:
>
> use Net::Telnet ();
> $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10,
> Prompt => '/bash\$ $/');
> $t->open("sparky");
> $t->login($username, $passwd);
> @lines = $t->cmd("who");
> print @lines;
>
> The device I am connecting to does not require a username and password,
> so I have modified the script to look like this:
>
> use Net::Telnet ();
> $t = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10,
> Prompt => '->');
> $t->open("10.1.4.2");
> @lines = $t->cmd("i");
> print @lines;
>
> The script return with the following error message:
>
> "bad match operator: opening delimiter missing: -> at try3 line 2"
>
> The script always fails at the prompt line. Does the Net::Telnet
> object require a username and password?

compare:

Prompt => '/bash\$ $/';

and...