Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Problem with inline -java

Problem with inline -java

arun

Hi,
I have installed inline-java perl module to communicate with java from
my CGI-PERL everthing was working fine . Suddenly one day the code
failed giving an error "Couldnot connect next available port number
using port 7890 jinstead. JVM taking more than 30 seconds to start or
died before perl could connect". Need some assistance to solve this
problem.

With Regards
Arun

Patrick LeBoutillier

"arun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) oups.com>...
> Hi,
> I have installed inline-java perl module to communicate with java from
> my CGI-PERL everthing was working fine . Suddenly one day the code
> failed giving an error "Couldnot connect next available port number
> using port 7890 jinstead. JVM taking more than 30 seconds to start or
> died before perl could connect". Need some assistance to solve this
> problem.

Seems the Java part of Inline::Java can't start. When supported, it
will ask the OS for the next available port number and use that. If it
can't, it default to port 7890. Perhaps another application is using
port 7890?

You can change that number to another port by using the PORT
configuration option.

Note: if you need more assistance, please use the Inline mailing list:
Patrick

Tool which expands implicitly inline inline functions tthunder@gmx.de C++ 3 06-16-2005 12:54 AM
To inline or not to inline? Alvin C++ 7 05-06-2005 03:04 PM
Function delcared inline but not defined inline Nish C Programming 4 10-08-2004 03:31 PM
External inline functions calling internal inline functions Daniel Vallstrom C Programming 2 11-21-2003 01:57 PM
inline or not to inline in C++ Abhi C++ 2 07-03-2003 12:07 AM

Advertisments