Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Login to my hotmail account with LWP

Login to my hotmail account with LWP

Michel

I'm trying to do this since a long long time, I really try everything
before posting here

Is there any perl example about loging to an hotmail email account
with LWP ? (Not with pop3)

I have some problem to figure out exactly how to pass the "correct"
query string in the authentification part and dealing with the
redirection, cookies, https, ...

When trying to login into hotmail , the post part look like this :
https://loginnet.passport.com/ppsecu...mail&msppjph=1

Thanks, i really need an example or any clues about how to login in
such particular webpage (hotmail)

Michel

fayland

Try WWW::Mechanize

ioneabu@yahoo.com

fayland wrote:
> Try WWW::Mechanize

even better:

after learning abouth WWW::Mechanize, use HTTP::Recorder to help write
your script. The only downside of this method is that it will not
record javascript or SSL, which greatly limits its usefulness in tasks
like checking bank statements etc...

It seems like some web sites are just designed to make access via
WWW::Mechanize difficult or impossible. There are a couple that I can
not get to work and I can't use Recorder because they are over SSL.
I'll have to get on their e-mail list.

For your task, a search of search.cpan.org for 'mechanize hotmail'
revealed a promising module named WWW::Hotmail.

wana