Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Installing Extensions in FireFox

Installing Extensions in FireFox

Colonel Blip

It seems I can no longer install extensions. I can try via selecting Install
on various web sites or downloading the xpi file and dragging to FF and
neither works. Bug? Solution/workaround? Thanks.

--
Colonel Blip
Remove "nospam" when replying.

Spock

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 14:34:05 -0500, "Colonel Blip"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It seems I can no longer install extensions. I can try via selecting Install
>on various web sites or downloading the xpi file and dragging to FF and
>neither works. Bug? Solution/workaround? Thanks.

Save extensions to disk. Close Firefox and doubleclick on the
extension.

Colonel Blip

That doesn't do anything either except give me a dialog asking what I would
like to associate it with. I then set it up to be associated with Firefox,
but all that happens when I double click is FF opens up, but the ext.
doesn't get installed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)

--
Colonel Blip
(E-Mail Removed)

Tony Raven

Colonel Blip wrote:

> That doesn't do anything either except give me a dialog asking what I would
> like to associate it with. I then set it up to be associated with Firefox,
> but all that happens when I double click is FF opens up, but the ext.
> doesn't get installed.

I had that problem initially and found you need to set
Tools/Options/Advanced and tick the boxes in Software Update before the
extensions will install - haven't bothered to find out which ones.

Tony

Colonel Blip

I finally figured out what I had done - my mistake. I un-checked the
"install from web" and as a result nothing would install, either from web or
disk save.

news:(E-Mail Removed)

--
Colonel Blip
(E-Mail Removed)

Installing programs that depend on, or are, python extensions. James A. Donald Python 2 05-03-2011 10:48 AM
Installing extensions globally Hendrik Maryns Firefox 0 01-27-2006 05:40 PM
Unable to access extensions menu or add extensions (I've tried past suggestions) nospam@spam.com Firefox 8 12-01-2005 01:33 AM
Installing Extensions Hortense Firefox 2 09-16-2005 04:26 PM
Installing extensions on XP Pro in limited acct Z Firefox 4 01-31-2005 04:14 AM

Advertisments