Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > delete viewstate from my aspx result pages?

delete viewstate from my aspx result pages?

=?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=

I'd like to optimize my aspx pages for Search Engines like google. One thing
I have to do is to minimize or delete the viewstate hidden input field. I'm
using user controls, so in both pages and user controls I considered the tag:
EnableViewState="False". The problem is that viewstate is still in the result
pages.

How can I delete viewstate from my aspx result pages?

=?Utf-8?B?VXJvcw==?=

"Raed Sawalha" wrote:

> I'd like to optimize my aspx pages for Search Engines like google. One thing
> I have to do is to minimize or delete the viewstate hidden input field. I'm
> using user controls, so in both pages and user controls I considered the tag:
> EnableViewState="False". The problem is that viewstate is still in the result
> pages.
>
> How can I delete viewstate from my aspx result pages?

Hi,

try to turn off view state for entire page.

<%@Page EnableViewState="False" %>

=?Utf-8?B?RXRoZW0gQXp1bg==?=

Hi Raed,

After you disable the ViewState on the page and control level, if you are
still getting seeing the viewstate on the page ultramagically, you can try
enabling tracing on the page and look who's calling it. You will have to look
for LoadViewState and SaveViewState() being called. One should happen after
Init() and the latter after PreRender().

Hope this helps,

Ethem