Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Passing parameters to a .htm page - not working

Passing parameters to a .htm page - not working

John

Hi all,

I had an .aspx page which would be opened modally from a previous page and
just prior to the parent opening the aspx page, a javascript would run and
pass parameters like mypage.aspx?parm1=a&parm2=b. I would then access the
parameters in my code-behind as simple request variables and everything
worked fine.

I now have to open an .htm file first and inside this htm file is an iframe
containing the previous-mentioned page. I can't seem to get access to the
two passed parameters anymore.

How can I send parameters to a .htm file from javascript in such a way so as
to access these from my code-behind on subsequent posts?

Regards
John.

Sahil Malik

The HTM page will have to use some Javascript magic to read it's
QueryString, and pass it to the IFrame's querystring - which I presume holds
your ASPX.

- Sahil Malik
http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I had an .aspx page which would be opened modally from a previous page and
> just prior to the parent opening the aspx page, a javascript would run and
> pass parameters like mypage.aspx?parm1=a&parm2=b. I would then access the
> parameters in my code-behind as simple request variables and everything
> worked fine.
>
> I now have to open an .htm file first and inside this htm file is an
> iframe
> containing the previous-mentioned page. I can't seem to get access to the
> two passed parameters anymore.
>
> How can I send parameters to a .htm file from javascript in such a way so
> as
> to access these from my code-behind on subsequent posts?
>
> Regards
> John.

John

I found just the 'magic solution you were talking about - thanks.

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...